Integrated teams can easily schedule Hale video visits directly in their existing EHR or practice management system, with the visits being synced to Hale without any duplicative entry.
Scheduling a Video Visit in athenaNet
- Open the appointment scheduling screen in athenaNet.
- Select the ‘Hale Video Visit’ appointment type.
- Create the appointment.
That’s it! Once the visit has been added to your calendar in athenaNet, it will automatically be synced to Hale. Note that it can sometimes take a few minutes for the sync to complete, so if you do not immediately see the appointment in Hale you may need to wait just a bit. (Although this should never be longer than five minutes.)
Once Hale picks up the appointment, the patient will be sent a confirmation – both via push notification through the Hale Health app as well as by email. The confirmation message will have all of the details regarding the appointment and the patient can easily add the visit to their calendar. Even if the patient doesn’t have an active Hale account, we’ll make sure their account is created and – if their record includes an email address – send them a confirmation that includes instructions to get set up.
If Hale cannot sync the appointment, we’ll send your team admins an email to let them know. This usually happens if:
- a video visit is scheduled with a provider that does not have an active Hale account,
- a video visit is scheduled with a patient that doesn’t have enough information for Hale to create their record,
- your team is not subscribed to Hale Premium.If you have any trouble creating appointments, just let us know and we’d be happy to help.
Rescheduling or Canceling a Video Visit
To reschedule or cancel a scheduled appointment, simply do so directly in athenaNet by clicking the ‘Cancel or Reschedule’ option for the appointment. Hale will sync the updates and notify the patient accordingly. Note that you cannot edit or cancel an appointment within 15 minutes of their start time, as the patient has already been reminded that the appointment is starting and may have already checked in.